Friday, January 21, 2011

3 Guaranteed Tips For Successful Weight-Loss

We've all been there and we all want to lose it. Being overweight is not healthy, and can keep your life at a stand still. However
most of us will do anything it takes to lose that extra weight, right? Well according to a livestrong.com survey, it reveals that out of 86% percent of Americans that attempt changes to improve their health, less than half are successful. That is so remarkable to me to know that less than half are successful. That right there is one of the reasons I made this blog. Furthermore, that's why I created this post to show you that you can be part of that 86% and succeed. Follow these tips and you will begin your journey to lose weight.

Tip #1 - Motivation
This is the do or die part of your entire weight-loss situation. That survey is all determined by your motivation to push yourself. You have to look at yourself and know that you will change the way you are or die. My situation was that I was way overweight and I didn't see the problem until my doctor told me that I would probably die young. That's not what I was looking forward to but let me say this, it did open my mind a lot. I started taking pictures of myself, to see my progress. I made a schedule to stay on task with my workouts. I even made a food log to watch what I eat. Doing these things helped me so much to stay on task with my weight-loss. You can try these too, especially the progress pictures, once I saw myself changing I was like a train and no one was going to stop me. So find a good motivational key for you and stick with it.

Tip #2 - Diet & Exercise
Let me start from the most important one first. YOU NEED TO DIET! I know everyone reading this hates that word so much, because I did to. You have to diet to lose weight plain and simple. You can run one hundred miles a day and if you eat unhealthy food then it all goes to waste. Watch what you eat, eat healthy, drink lots of water, stay away from fatty foods, sweets, coke, etc. And when people say diets don't work, there just saying "Oh I tried this diet but didn't take it seriously, but now I'm bigger then before so.... it doesn't work". Come on, stick to your diet have the Motivation to keep with it. Then it will work. Secondly, EXERCISE! Walk, jog, do something that gets your heart rate going and gets you out of breath. None of this, "I walked to get my mail, that counts", get your body moving sweat and determination is what is needed to lose weight people.

Tip #3 - Change your way of life
Now I don't mean quitting your job or nothing like that. But keep your healthy habits as your everyday habits. Because soon when your out somewhere and someone offers you something unhealthy without a split second of doubt you should be, "No I'm good". Make it part of your life, stay healthy, that way in the long run it won't come back to bite you and then you come back to blame me.
These tips are the building blocks for your weight-loss journey. Stick to them, follow them, try them out and if I'm wrong then I want you to come back here and tell me. It's your life my friends, no one changes it but YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment